Monday 12 October 2009

What's in my makeup bag

So i thougth this would be a good place to start :)








As you'll probably notice it's mostly Mac and Benefit! Those are two of my favourites makeup wise. Although i do tend to stick to what i know works for me - something that i'm trying to stop!



From top left to bottom right



Benefit Her Glossiness Lip Gloss in my people, your people

My go to baby pink lipgoss with a bit of shimmer. Looks great over nudes, i team mine with Gosh Darling (134).



Benefit Hoola Bronzing Powder

I love this bronzer! It's totally matt and doesn't cake or come out orangey on skin. I don't like bronzers with shimmer so this is the perfect one for me.



Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15

Needs no explaination! I swear by this foundation. I have oily/combination skin and I'm prone to break outs so i want a full coverage foundation that doesn't feel heavy or look heavy for that matter! I'm also trying out the Revlon Colour Stay Foundation in Buff but i've not made my mind up yet on wether i like it more of less than the Studio Fix, but i'll let you know! :)



Eyeko Beauty Cream

I was a bit hesitant to try this at first, the idea of putting a pink toned highlighter on my face as a cream seemed a bit strange. But i was proved wrong! I wear this every day under my makeup. It's a 3-1 cream, a highlight a face cream and an eye cream. It's infused with skin perfecting light reflectors and antioxidant Vitamins A and E plus a Vitamin C boost for a radiant, clear complexion. (straight from the box!) I was expecting it to leave my skin quite oily, but it sinks in really well and my skin has never felt so soft!



Benefit Moon Beam


Golden/apricot highlighter. I've only just started using this, before i was using Clinique Up-Lighter Liquid Illuminator. I deffinately preffer it to the Clinique, but i have found it doesn't blend as well. Other than that it's a great product.



Mac Splashproof Lash

When they say waterproof, they don't half mean it! It's practically makeup remover proof! This is an upside and a downside for me. It says on really well and you won't start to get panda eyes throughout the day. But i'm the kind of person when i'm going to bed at night i want my makeup off as quick as possible, you won't get this with Splashproof lash. You really have to soak the cotton pad in makeup remover and leave it on yours eye for a few minutes, and even then theres still a bit of rubbing to do!



Mac Powder Blush in Pinch O' Peach

I go through fazes with blush - reds, pinks, plums. I like to change them every few weeks and i feel like even though it's a small difference, it gives me a whole new look. I really like this colour it's a pinky peach sheertone, great for giving a quick flush of colour.



Bourjous 3d Effect Lip gloss in no. 33

I bought this lip gloss after seeing it in one of pixiwoo's videos. I got it in 33 which is a true nude. It has a fair amount of shimmer, so use cautiously! It also has a brush applicator which i really like.



Benefit Lip Plump

My holy grail! this is one of the products i really couldn't live without! i have ruby red lips naturally and i HATE it. this completely blocks it out. It's meant to be a primer but i just use it on its own. (Always put on over lip balm, it's really drying!)



Blistex Relief Cream

I've tried many a lip balm but non even compare to this! i can't stand my lips being dry so i carry this everywhere (i even have one in almost every room of my house!) It really moisturises and sooths. Loves it!



GOSH Velvet Touch Lipstick in Darling (134)

I'm a nude lip girl, always have been, always will! I tried out the infamous Barry M 101 but it did nothing for me. It caked and came off really easily and was really drying. This on the other hand glides on, doesn't cake and is really creamy.



Antibacterial Hand Gel


This is another thing thats constantly at my side. I'm a total germ freak! and especially with all this swine flu buisness going around you can never be too careful.



Benefit Badgirl Waterproof Eyeliner, Black.

I wouldn't say it's waterproof but it sure as hell stays on! I hate having to re-apply eyeliner all day so this is a great product.




Mac Blot Powder in Light

Until about 3 months ago i was using the sheer select pressed powder to set my foundation but i found it cakey and heavy. One of the girls at Mac suggested i try this instead. It's a colourless powder that sets makeup and gets rid of shine. A total life saver!


and finally...


Mac glaze Lipstick in Frou

I love this lipstick, it's a goldeny nude (yep, another nude!) with a slight shimmer.



and that's it! :)



Any questions, then get asking!

x

2 comments:

  1. nice post.
    your make up bag must b massive to fit it all in. I really wanna try the eyeko cream.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post(: I love reading these
    xx

    ReplyDelete